Busy, Busy, Busy

I know it's been almost two weeks since I've posted, but I've been super busy creating and constructing things cute things for my classroom this school year. I can't believe that I have less than three weeks until the start of a new year! Yikes!

All I've doing is stashing stuff that I've bought up for the new school year.

Some of the items that I've created, I got off of Pinterest, while others I created from scratch and have added to my teachers pay teachers site. 

Here are some of the items that I did/found

1. At the end of the last school year, I read about The Great Pencil Challenge from Ladybug Teacher Files and thought that it was an outstanding idea! This year I'm teaching 35 minutes science classes, so to save time, I'm going to use the challenge and have extra pencil sharpener's for the students as an incentive so that they don't have to get up during the middle of class. Hopefully that will save time and I'll be able to get through lessons a lot easier.

2. The the second idea that I found this summer was Teach a Roo's "Ticket out the Door" poster. Last year I had my students "tweet" there way out of the classroom for my technology theme. However, I loved the sleek look of Teach a Roo's poster, So I had to make one of my own: 

3. The third thing that I created were these really cute genre pictures. I'm actually gonna be teaching Language Arts this year for the first time so I decided to label all of my books. The result, these really cute labels for my classroom. I have small ones for my bins and bigger ones for a my bulletin board display later in the year. I you want to snag one of your own, they are available in my Tpt store. 

4. Finally, I have been hard at work on my classroom theme for the year which is sports/team work. With the new Ohio Teacher Evaluation System going into effect this year, I want to encourage all of my students to be intrinsically motivated. I feel that this theme allows the students to establish personal goals and accomplishments that they want to make as the go through the school year. I have tons of resources and file that I've created to make this classroom theme a success and will reveal more in the upcoming week.

Anyway, that's all for now! I can't believe how quickly the summer has flown by. I'm so excited for the start of a new year.  I feel like a kid in the candy store!

Toodles for now :) 



No comments

Back to Top